Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1998 Dodge Avenger and the both blinkers do not…

Customer Question
I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 Dodge Avenger and the both blinkers do not work. The flashers work, but the blinkers don't even show up inside the car. I have tried replacing the blinker switch. It didn't help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are trying to fix it ourselves. We put a new blinker switch and checked fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The air conditioner keeps blowing fuses.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If all fuses are good and the switch was already replaced this sounds like the common fault of the flasher unit itself.This is a combo flasher for both hazard and turn signals but the turn signal signals are separate through this flasher.The circuits inside the flasher can fail to where the turn signals will not work at all causing this issue here.It is located in the center of the dash behind the radio area as shown below.I suspect it does need replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f90okt9qof5yj6/fl-11-14.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete