Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well I had to unhook the battery to put a new compressor in…

Customer Question
Well I had...

Well I had to unhook the battery to put a new compressor in and when I reset the battery and open the door the alarm goes off and will not turn off even if I put the key in the drivers door and unlock it manually because I don't have a key pop at work and the red light blinking since I bought it on the dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Sorry my text to talk got some words wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

The alarm goes off when I open the door and will go off even when I start it and drive down the road lol it's an 03 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took fuse out for horn and lights just go off all the time flashing none of buttons work on key fob and I guess I don't have the transponder or main key Idk but it's the only key I have

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not just want to know if there is a way to disconnect the alarm and still drive it's a feed truck and I don't need the alarm anyway I just wanna know if I can disable it somehow

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Ok thank u

I attached 2 docs for you to look at and perform the reset sequence. Let me know if you need any thing else. Try the one that says ALARMS first.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time in chat?

Thanks again, Ron

Tht didn't help me because I only have one key and it won't stop alarm from going off by putting it in drivers door and unlocking it and it doesn't stop when I start vehicle either it just flashes headlights whole time I'm driving ?and the horn would honk but I removed the fuse !! I just Want to disconnect it or find s way to program a key fob without having a working one

Okay, try this then before you have to take it to a shop to be scanned.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link. See attachment.