Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Speedodemetor jumping all over.66 dodge coronet. Coronet…

Customer Question
Speedodemetor jumping all over.66...

Speedodemetor jumping all over.66 dodge coronet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '66 Dodge?

Coronet 500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.tried new speedometers. well used one cant get new

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ya one went up to 30mph an stoped.1 went to 40 stoped this one is up an down guage

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/12/2017
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

A bad/sticking cable will cause that. You can pull it out from the speedo head and lubricate it and see if that helps.If not, you need to replace it.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.