Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I SWITCHE4D OF MY 2012 DODGE RAM TO REFUEL IT AND WHEN i…

Customer Question
I SWITCHE4D OF MY...

I SWITCHE4D OF MY 2012 DODGE RAM TO REFUEL IT AND WHEN i WENT TO CRANK IT BACK UP NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN. aLL THE DASH LIGHTS CAME ON PLUS A LITTLE RED DOT LIGHT CAME ON BLINKING. i JUMPED THE STARTER WIRES AT THE RELAY AND GOT THE ENGINE TO TURN OVER, BUT IT WOULD NOT CRANK UP. DON'T KNOW WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I CHECKED THE FUSES UNDER THE HOOD AND FOUND ALL OF THEM OKAY

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

I AM TRYING TO FIX IT, BUT RIGHT NOW i AM AT A LOST, AS THE bATTERY HAS 12 VOLTS ALL THE LIGHTS WORK AND i HAVE 12 VOLTS AT THE STARTER. i CAN JUMP THE STARTER AND CRANK THE ENGINE OVER, BUT IT WILL NOT CRANK UP

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I DON'T KNOW OF ANYTHING ELSE.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/12/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The S***** *****ght is flashing because the key has not been validated, most likely due to a failure of the key itself or the wireless control module, but there may be a deeper issue. It's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

Do you have a second key to try?