Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I hit a deer with my 2006 dodge charger it cracked the

Customer Question
I hit a deer...

I hit a deer with my 2006 dodge charger it cracked the stability control module. I replaced it with one from a salvage yard. The brake light and check engine light are on. When I drive it doesn't shift gears and only goes around 35. The speedometer is also not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself. I have had the codes read and it says no communication

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok what scanner was used to check codes and have you verified power and ground at the dlc/obd2 connector?

Not sure on the scanner my neighbor works for the city and brought it home to check it for me. I am not a mechanic by no means was hoping for an easy fix. Not sure how to check power and ground.

I have a lay out for the connectons on that and if you have a multimeter we can check the power and ground, this is more than likely not an easy fix, we need to get the codes from the vehicle and see whats going on

Will check this and get the codes and get back with you.

ok sounds good,

Code U0101 came up. Multimeter showed it was good. We have checked fuses and wires and see nothing wrong. My neighbor feel it is stuck in limp mode.

what engine is in that? so that cadr is loss of communication with the tcm which is located in the pcm, and should be located in the left rear of the engine bay, I would check connections and that area for damage from the deer, delete codes and try again

The engine is a 3.5 V6. Will check for damage

ok thats the engine I had pulled and the location I listed so try that and see how it does let me know what happens

The car drove for a couple miles after hitting the deer with no problem and then just shut down. We put on the stability control and it started but now having these problems. Don't see any obvious damage

what scanner do you have?

I don't know. It wasn't ours.

im pretty sure your going to need a more capable scanner that can look around on the can bus system of that car

I will try to find out what kind it was. He works for the city and borrowed theirs which he said was what they use at the dealership.

so if its a dealer scanner you should be able to somewhat find where the can bus line is broken and if there are any other issues in the car, with all the problems I would think there would be more codes

Borrowed a scanner. It is a Snap-on Solus Ultra. The codes coming up on it are:P0073 Ambient Air Temp Sensor Circuit High
P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
U1120 Lost Wheel Distance Message
U0121 Lost Communication with Anti-Lock Brake Module

ok delete all those codes and test drive it to see what comes back

All of the codes came back

ok im reading now where we should go next