Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

03 DURANGO WITH REAR HEAT AND AC AND IT HAS THE PLASTIC CARD…

Customer Question
03 DURANGO WITH REAR...

03 DURANGO WITH REAR HEAT AND AC AND IT HAS THE PLASTIC CARD IN PLACE OF THE RESISTOR FOR THE FRONT BLOWER. I have replaced the blower motor, the resistor plug and the switch cluster in the dash all used. The rear blower works on both controllers. I have checked any fuse that has to do with blowers or HVAC. Still doesn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Drivers side of the dash and under hood next to battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes using a volt meter I checked for the completed circuit, I also ran a ground to the fan and it works but I can't shut it of with the switch. I have the plastic card in place of the resistor and I have picked up a regular resistor but have not hooked it up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I only had three speeds and checked for damaged wires at the resistor since I didn't see any burnt wires I used a little of the electric juice in a tube and plugged it in and had all the blower speeds. I then charged the AC. The next day I had no speeds on the blower

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

there should not be a plastic card , there should be a resistor in its place ,not factory ,replace it and let me know

if that does not work let me know \,we have to start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat