Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got 2007 chrysler pacifica it well not start, like on

Customer Question
I got 2007 chrysler...

I got 2007 chrysler pacifica it well not start, like on power toi the starter all the lights come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

I change the key ignition

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: EricFromCT, Dodge Technician replied 8 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

It is possible that Just Answer may send you a phone call request on my behalf. Feel free to not accept this unless you want a phone call. If you decline there will be no additional charges.

Have you actually checked for power at the starter when the key is in the start position?

and there is none?

I replaced the ignition key switch.Everything comes on but will not turn over to start.When you turn key off some of the dash lights stay on and the radio so you have to take a cable loose from the battery.Some say it might be in the fuse box.If you can't call me on my cell call(###) ###-####
I have paid for the online and a phone call
Need a response
l paid for the phone call
Do I get a answer or not
When can the mechanic call I am not getting any response at all
Eric, what is going on there is no answer?

I have opened the question up to other experts that can take a call. You should be getting a call shortly from an available expert.

Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, after you replaced the ignition switch, did you have the key programmed to the SKIM?

??

Dodge Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 8 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started
Good Morning David Craig, yes the key is programmed,Every thing works but well not start when you tour the key
David, you can call me on this phone number(###) ###-####it would be better.

so you turn the key to start and nothing happens? no click?

No click David

ok, standby please

what engine? 3.8 or 4.0?

4.0

thanks

David, if you went to call me use 606=656-0257 the other phone number is ***** cell and in this area some times i get the call and some times not.
i have all ready paid for the call.

I have nothing on my side that says a phone call was requested and paid for. pull the starter relay in the IPM. put a jumper wire in slot 30 to slot 87.

does it have a slot 87? and then what am i going to do after i do that?

did you look at the pic?

i well look at it.

ok

I'll be back on in about an hour. I have to get to my shop.

David,it shows 30 the ignition switch but it only go up to 50

pull the starter relay out. look at the pic i sent.thats what you will see with the relay out. put a jumper wire between 30 and 87 in the relay plug

David, I did not get a pic from you I do not see 87 slot.

here it is again

hows it going?

do you still need assistance? If not it would be nice to let me know. Thank you.