Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need help in figuring out what s wrong with my 04 dodge…

Customer Question
I need help in figuring...
I need help in figuring out what s wrong with my 04 dodge durango 5.7 hemi.
The check engine light is on. I am getting the following code: P2706 and P0846. The car would also go on limp mode from time to time.
What could be the problem? The transmission fluid was changed about 3000 miles ago and the level is right between the hot holes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated because I need to smog my car asap.
thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/10/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

Hello, I am Randall These 2 codes are a bit related. Both point to a problem detected with the transmission solenoid/pressure switch assembly/ This is a solenoid assembly mounted to the valve body in the trans. Now, I am NOT saying it is bad, there is a chance the connectors on the trans from wiring harness not making good connections. Step one is to unplug the main harness from right side of trans, Inspect for corrosion etc and wiggle it back to help make a good connection. Clear codes, if return? then ? likely a bad solenoid pack on the trans valve body. Cost? around $175 parts in my area and then? drop trans pan and valve body and remove and change out the solenoid pack. not everyone is comfortable doing this. Book time around 2 hours if a shop did it.I am shooting rough costs . do not hold me to this 100%.It may be a simple connection problem with plug on side of trans or.. if ok? then the solenoid pack needs changed. I have attached 2 files showing what it looks like and how to change it

Please leave a star rating for my service provided . This is how I get credit for helping . You can rate and still return to this post for followups. I am here to help, Any problem leaving a rating please LMK, thanks