Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Electrical. 2004 dAkota. Alternator replaced, battery

Customer Question
2004 dAkota Mechanic's Assistant:...

2004 dAkota

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Alternator replaced, battery 3times

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Rebuilt just installed no leak has power but disconnected to save battery from discharge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before, the emergency lights would flash 8or13 times when any electric was used

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

What problem are you having? Is the battery going dead? If so, is it going dead overnite or while sitting or is it going dead while the engine is running and driving around?