Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

09 ram 1500 4x2 183227.0miles on orig trans.. never had a…

Customer Question
09 ram 1500 4x2...

09 ram 1500 4x2 183227.0miles on orig trans.. never had a problem serviced regularly. trans is stuck in 4th gear. what is the fix???

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

181000.0 no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I put a snap-on code reader on it. it said shift solenoid back up or passing.. one my way home stopped at Orlieys it said shift seliond a malfunction

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

have you replaced the solenoid block yet?

Jerry, Master Mechanic