Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I m having the same problem with my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 as…

I m having the...

I m having the same problem with my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 as others. The ac controls and auto headlight will quick working, only after shutdown. I can reset everything by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and it will work for a while and the when I start up, same problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yep

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only disconnecting and reconnecting the battery provide a fix for about a week

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also notice that when the truck powers down, some times the puddle light on the drivers mirror will flicker

11/5/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few possible causes for what you're describing and it will require some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine what is wrong. For whatever reason the a/c control head is going down.

Do any warning lights come on when this happens?

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing yourself?

No warning lights of any kind. And I am able to do electrical testing if necessary.

Do you have a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?

sprinkles08