Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The battery is fine, towed it to my mechanic and it's not…

Customer Question
The battery is fine...

The battery is fine, towed it to my mechanic and it's not the starter. Bought a new key from Dodge dealership about 2 months ago. All the dash lights come on but the truck won't turn over!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

The fuses are all ok. It turned over at our mechanics took it away and 3 days later same problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2016 1500 RAM

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Called AAA last saturday, they checked the battery said it was good. Said it could either be the key or starter. Had it towed to my mechanic, it started up straight away so he said it was not the starter. All the dash lights come on, doesn't even try to turnover, absolutely nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You may be having a problem with the ignition node module. There is a technical bulletin that may pertain to your vehicle. Let me know and i can upload a copy of the manufacture bulletin for you?