Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Had my vaccum pump rebuilt and the valves adjusted and after…

Had my vaccum pump...

Had my vaccum pump rebuilt and the valves adjusted and after about 500 miles i started getting excessive oil out of my blow by tube.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

When they did the valves

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

96 dodge 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It does have very high milage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have a mechanic replace the front main because it was leaking under pressure. I do use the truck to haul heavy loads

10/21/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

good afternoon

from your description, you have excessive crankcase pressure. the question is where is it coming from.

could be rings or a piston causing this. the way to narrow it down is to remove the injectors, I assume it is a diesel, and inject air into the cylinders and see how much pressure is coming out the oil fill cap. that will tell you the cylinders involved.

Roy

The truck has 369582 miles

ok, makes more sense that you have a ring issue

Is it worth while to change the pistons and rings or are we gonna have to do a complete rebuild. Never had the problem till after the last repairs

with the mileage it is best to do it all. rings, bearings, pistons and a good valve job.

Roy

please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. it is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Ok thanks

your welcome

Roy

do you have any other questions

5 stars. No questions thanks

your welcome

please hit 5 stars at the top of the page. that will allow the site to pay me for my efforts

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest