Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3 l vehicle stalls while…

I I have a 2003...
I I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3 l vehicle stalls while driving I can put it in neutral while coasting along restart it and put it back and drive to engage car keeps doing this I've change the crank and cam sensors don't know what the problem is
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does check engine light ever come on? Have you cleaned out throttle body?

No light comes on . Yes have cleaned throttle body

How often does problem happen? Does it usually only happen with foot off the gas?

Happens all the time with or without foot on gas at a stop light or sign reverse

Have you tried to wiggle wiring to see if you could get it t act up? Does it ALWAYS restart right away?

We go to the main wiring harness several times never makes anything any difference sometimes if I disconnect the battery I might get half a day without acting up but yes always restarts I can restart it while coasting and putting it in neutral and keep going

The common causes of stalling are crank sensor, cam sensor, throttle body, and PCM. If unplugging battery will allow it to go a little longer this would point toward PCM. You have done pretty much everything else so I would go ahead and replace PCM at this point. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Does that require actually replacing the whole PCM or can I just take it out and have it reflashed

It will need to be replaced, you can buy them programmed to vin online for around $300. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician