Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I purchased an RA2 / VP2 radio to replace the RA1 radio in…

I purchased an RA2 /...
I purchased an RA2 / VP2 radio to replace the RA1 radio in my 2015 Ram 1500. It came from a friend who has traded in his old truck. Can anyone look up the anti theft code? I can supply radio PN / SN and current VIN for my truck if needed. I'm trying to get the VIN from the donor truck, but don't have it yet.
10/19/2017
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer.

Send me the radio's serial number and your VIN number. I will look it up.

The radio S/N is TVPQN1596H0048
My VIN is 1C6RR6KTXFS686110Again, this is the VIN for the truck the radio is going into, not the truck the radio came out of. I appreciate the help!

Okay, give me a few minutes to look it up. Be right back.

Okay, based on those numbers the code is 0400

Let me know if it works.

You're my new favorite person! Up and running. Thank you very much.

That is very good news!

Glad I was able to help!

Now would you please help me and accept my answer or rate my service using the rating system? I will then get credit for this session.

Thank you!

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Thank you!