Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My son has a 2014 dodge cummins diesel truck, that is

needing yet another transmission, it...
My son has a 2014 dodge cummins diesel truck, that is needing yet another transmission, it has plenty of aftermarket stuff put on it.a sun coast triple disc torque converter, rev max valve body. a billet input shaft, a shift kit, deep tranny pan, has been deleted and tuned to a raceme tuner, bd sensitivity, it has a 68rfe transmission, throwing codes PO732 and PO731, and reverse is good, so, here it is, help, oh, yeah, my question is this, what should he do economically, to still to have a race truck.
10/14/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

All depending on the amount of torque the tuck is making, this transmission may not be able to hold up to the load. Someone need to remove this transmission and get the clutch pack tolerance much lower to get the clutches to be able to dold and not fail like which is occurring now.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

ok, so there could be a possibility that ths transmission can be fixed and maybe not have to be replaced, the warranty for this transmission is up, so
are we in the same time zone? it is 10 pm here, so, if it is late for you, we can wat til morn

Yes for sure it can be fixed. A transmission should only be replaced when the pan is full of chunly ground up metal. If that is not the case, overhaul is always cheaper.

I work till 3 am and its midnight here.

well, this is a good start, is it possible to contact you tomorrow also?

Once you have rated the post the post will b open forever to communicate on this concern. Yes I am available tomorrow.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I can just rate you now, and if we have any more questions, I will ask them of you tomorrow, I appreciate this info thus far, so I can tell my son, that, YES, in fact it can be fixed. so, thanks.
this is totally worth the dang money, and I can begin again tomorrow if need be.

Reply when needed

hello, moose, I am back, my son said, I forgot to tell you, that reverse works , and when he checks the oil, which has fresh oil of course, it has black particles in it.
can you explain clutch pack tolerance?
the reason he was doing his transmission, was because he wanting to do motor work.

Imagine you are holding a stack of plates in your hand like a waiter. Now imagine you are spinning your hand and the dishes in a circle. All of the plates would too spin. Now imagine some one is holding the top plate and it is not spinning. That is slippage and those plates are your clutch plates. To get/make all the plates spin they need to be pressed together harder, that is your tolerance.

The black particles in the fluid is ground off friction material from the many clutch plates inside the transmission.

thank you, ***** ***** an awesome explanation, so, with the black particles, it is still repairable?

Yes it can be rebuild. I only replace if the customer asks to or if there is chunks of metal in the pan.

rebuild--rebuilt

okay okay, thanks hecka

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician