Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Can the battery temp. Sensor be disconnected and not effect

Customer Question
adversely the performance of my...
Can the battery temp. Sensor be disconnected and not effect adversely the performance of my 98 dodge Dakota. Thanks,
Lee
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 1 month ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

YES, it can be disconnected and not affect engine performance.. although, it may affect the charging system.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how could it affect the charging system?

The computer uses the battery temp sensor to control the charge rate on the battery.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great night!!

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician