Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lights behind speedometer and gauges don't work. Tail lights…

Customer Question
Lights behind speedometer and...

Lights behind speedometer and gauges don't work. Tail lights do, parking lights do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

I have not but I will if I can figure out how. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1996 Dodge Ram Van 2500 (Jayco RV van)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I checked all the fuses, looked at wiring but don't know anything about that...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I need to see if I can get to bulb first

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/5/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

No lights on the gauges work? or just the one light thats around the speedometer?

no gauge lights but I can see there is a light on behind the things to the right of the speedometer, like the radio
Where /how do I find the bulb to see if it's burned out?

First check your dimmer switch make sure it is not set to dim, if you would like to see if the bulb is burnt or not you just simply have to remove the gauges off the panel and the bulb sockets will be behind the gauges accessible to you.

here is the diagram of the bezel you will be removing, it will give you the snap locations so you can carefully remove it