Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wont start just clicks at starter. Have replaced battery,

Customer Question
Wont start just clicks...

Wont start just clicks at starter. Have replaced battery, several fuses.under hood.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

From starter. was running fine. sat for 3 months. started it every few days let run for awhile. now wont start. even with a jump ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1997 Ram 1500 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. new starter... same results... new battery.... several fuses. tried starting in netural. same result,just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ready to blow it up... LOL no think thats it ?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/5/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

At starter monitor battery voltage while trying to start. Both the large and small wires should show at least 11v with key in start position. Let me know, thanks.