Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Dodge Caliber. The red lightning bolt light…

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Dodge...
I have a 2010 Dodge Caliber. The red lightning bolt light comes on and blinks and goes back off again and I have noticed it does this when the car acts like it won’t accelerate, it acts like it’s shifting and then the light goes off. We have noticed our car doing this for over a month, like it doesn’t want to go when you push the gas, it will start off slow then catch up to speed, but the light just started coming on and blinking.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/5/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The lightning bolt is usually an indication of the throttle body or a throttle body sensor at fault.What has to be done is to have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done to help in locating this issue.

The codes can be read out by a local parts store at no charge to you but they usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.A shop or dealer will also read out, diagnose and repair the code/fault for a fee.

I have seen the throttle body needing replaced as well as the throttle position sensor as the most common cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete