Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2011 ram 5500, I am getting a message saying truck…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 ram 5500, I am getting a message saying truck will not start in xxx miles, I am showing codes P1C70, P2BAC, P208A

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery's are new and I cleaned the terminals when they were replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just got done replacing the TIPM, cluster, and DPF due to other issues, I had this same problem a week ago and was due to ambient temp sen.. and yes I am fixing it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/5/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The P208A is related to the root cause of the current issue. This code is for the DEF pump control circuit. This could be the dosing control unit or a wiring problem between it and the pump, but the problem is almost surely the pump itself if there are no visible wiring or connection issues. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong but most likely the pump will need to be replaced.

About 2 years ago I replaced the pump, can't recall what the conditions were on why I did. I have had nothing but electrical problems with this truck and its almost always a broke wire or the connectors behind left front wheel well. Do you know if the wires that go to the pump from the dcu route through those connectors?

They do not.