Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 Dakota - ignition switch won't turn, manual says remove…

Customer Question
2003 Dakota - ignition...

2003 Dakota - ignition switch won't turn, manual says remove tilt lever but no instructions on how to get it off

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No,its in "park". Two keys undamaged won't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. trying to change ignition, can't get tilt lever off, can't find the screw referred to in the manual. do we have to take the wheel and air bag off,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not yet.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 10 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

What size engine do you have?