CurtisE
CurtisE, Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG, Airconditioning & Vehicle Diagnostics
29271542

I have a 2017 Ram 6.7 and I'm sitting here and there's a red

Customer Question

I have a 2017 Ram 6.7 and I'm sitting here and there's a red dot flashing in the dash and my truck will not start. My truck is new bought it a couple months ago brand new.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Brand new
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, removed all battery connections, hooked back up. Checked all fuzes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I have a brand new ram diesel and when I put the key and then the ignition nothing happens, everything is brand new, stopped and got some stuff from a store and was driving to go duck hunting now the truck won't do anything
Category: Dodge
Expert:  CurtisE replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a spare key? It may be a faulty key. Try the spare key... if you are getting no lights at all even when ignition on then you may have an internally shorted vehicle battery.