Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

All the lights started flashing on dash board and it just…

Customer Question
All the lights started...

All the lights started flashing on dash board and it just died and now will not start. this is my sons car and he said he was low on oil but it did not smoke

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

The fuses he did check but why would the engine just sieze and not start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2014 Dodge Avenger

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

He had it towed and no one has looked at it yet. I just wanted him to try a couple of things before we replace the engine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/3/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Does the engine even turn over or the starter just click?