Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 dodge charger 3.5 code po501 what is cause and how do I…

Customer Question
2006 dodge charger 3.5 code...
2006 dodge charger 3.5 code po501 what is cause and how do I fix
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Don the common cause for this code to set is in most cases caused by a failing speed sensor, are you able to monitor the speed sensors on your scan toll to see if one is not reading or not reading correctly matching the other?

Where is speed sensor and how long does it take to change

Each wheel has its own speed sensor and in order to determine which one is at fault you need to connect your scan tool and monitor the signals from each. In most cases the suspect sensor will usually be the one that is not reading on the scanner. It dose not take long to change any one of the four as long as you can determine which one is at fault.

Would that make car not shift from 2nd to third

Normally not, this code would in most cases only effect the ABS system and not the transmission. The transmission shift issue is most likely a separate concern.