Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Told need new cam and lifters for 2013 Dodge Ram 5.7 with…

Customer Question
Told need new cam...

Told need new cam and lifters for 2013 Dodge Ram 5.7 with 104K miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Ram. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Should we just replace that or get a new or used engine?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Besides the bad lifters and the cam what is the overall condition of the engine?

Was it burning oil ?

no

Id you did not have an oil consumption concern and the overall condition of the engine is okay then you should be fine just replacing the cam and lifters and not have to replace the complete engine. The only way I would recommend not doing this repair is if you have a badly worn engine and an oil consumption concern.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician