Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

If my truck sits for a day it won't start..there is 12 volts…

Customer Question
If my truck sits...

If my truck sits for a day it won't start..there is 12 volts in the battery...2013 2500 diesel. Last week, I started it twice with the auto button on the key fob, the third time last Saturday, it was dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No...but when I try to start the truck manually it doesn't turn over..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No..., I take it to the dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do I change the battery in the key fob?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this issue occuring when auto starting as well as starting with the key?

When this occurs do you have plenty of electrical power and components operating properly but the starter is not engaging to crank over the engine?

Let me know,thanks Pete

The starter isn't turning the engine over..

O.k.,do you hear any noises like a tick noise inside the vehicle or under hood when trying to start it at all?