Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Security system how to turn off. 1998 stratus. Don't know…

Customer Question
Security system how to...

Security system how to turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1998 stratus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don't know anything it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Won't let you start car

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No not corroded

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
don't know much about car know it won't start when a red light is flashing on dash
10/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I hope you are having a good evening! My name is***** am a master certified technician and would be happy to help you out.

I have a few questions for you,

Has the security system disabled the engine from starting?

Is the security light on solid or is it flashing?

Do you have the original key and remote?