Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The hear only blows out the mid vents. Not the floor or

Customer Question
The hear only blows...

The hear only blows out the mid vents. Not the floor or defrost.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2008 dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have the dash mostly taken apart. Trying to see if there is an actuator not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The top of the dashboard by the bottom of windshield won't disconnect.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/1/2017
Dodge Mechanic: EricFromCT, Dodge Technician replied 10 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

There are 2 mode doors. One for the panel/floor and one for defrost. Generally if there is a problem with one of the actuators, both of them get replaced since the dash needs to come out and while you are in there it is a good idea.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Is there a chance the problem is caused by a bad fuse?

Its not likely but possible. CHeck fuse 23 (10amp) and 33 (10amp) in the fuse box. THey are for the hvac control head. The actuators do not have there own fuses.

Ok. Get back to you tomorrow.

Sounds good.

I replaced both actuators and I'm still not getting air to the defrost.

At this point your best bet would be to use a scan tool and have the hvac control module be scanned for any codes.

Thank you for remembering to rate my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Do the actuators keep spinning until the flaps are closed in either direction or do you have to line everything up before installing the actuators?

The only thing that needs to be aligned is the splines on the actuator with the door in the heater box. If the actuator went in, then it should be lined up correctly.

Ok. Thanks.

Your welcome. Please take a quick second to rate my assistance and also note that you can come back here anytime to ask more questions on this. Thanks

My steering is getting tight like the power steering pump is going. There are no leaks. Does the fluid need to be changed or is the pump just bad?