Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 05 Dodge Magnum Special Edition 3.5L that keeps…

Customer Question
I have a 05...

I have a 05 Dodge Magnum Special Edition 3.5L that keeps showing the battery warning light. I had the alternator and battery checked. I was informed that my battery was drained and bought a replacement. I am still having the same issues with my car being dead not long after parking it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No leaks or smells.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to the mechanics and all they found was my old battery wasn't putting out enough voltage. So I bought another.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma'am.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
10/1/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So there must be a drain somewhere in the system, if you have a volt meter we can do a draw test to see whats going on

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.