Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

T, 2 ERROR CODES P0006 AND P0016, 2011 RAM 1500 172369 AND…

Customer Question
2 ERROR CODES P0006...

2 ERROR CODES P0006 AND P0016

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

2011 RAM 1500 172369 AND YES I HAVE A READER

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

SCANNED TO SEE WHAT ENGINE LIGHT SHOWS ME

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO THATS ABOUT IT. JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE CODES ARE FOR

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/28/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 10 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The P0006 code is not coming up in my Database, by chance could that code actually be code P000B??

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Thanks,

Robert

Well I received 2 codes one was P0016 and the other was P0006. Using CarMD reader.

P0006 refers to Fuel shut -off valve -circuit low. Your vehicle is not equipped with a fuel shutoff valve. I'm assuming that your reader is not decoding that code correctly. I'm posting info pertaining to the P000B code which could come up along with the P0016.

Basically, these two codes when they come up together means the oil control valve for the cam timing may be faulty and needs to be replaced. I'm posting some info on these codes for you...

P0016 --->> Click Here to view <<---

Star Case for P0016 and P000B --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.