Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

ABS and brake lights intermittently come on and speedometer…

Customer Question
ABS and brake lights...

ABS and brake lights intermittently come on and speedometer stops working. Happens over and over again the entire time I'm driving my truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Both at same time. on off on off on off. incessantly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006 Ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I unplugged battery, which fixed it for a day then it came right back. I checked connector to the brake sensor behind the battery and it seems fine. No damage or dirt inside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, just how to make it freaking go away lol

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/28/2017
Dodge Mechanic: TIM, SERVICE MANAGER replied 8 months ago
TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER

hello, mot likely we have a wheel speed sensor that has failed -- in order to determine which one is faulty we will ned to have ABS control module scanned for fault codes

P0573 Brake Switch A Circuit High
P0501 Vehicle Speed Sensor A Range/Performance
It seems that the ABS speed sensor is located on the rear differential, but there is also a speed senor on the transmission. DO these codes point to a particular one?