Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Not starting, only clicking sound. We tried jumping with…

Customer Question
Not starting, only clicking...

Not starting, only clicking sound. We tried jumping with cables but still only getting the click

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just started this morning, sounds like click is right under the battery. Is that where the starter is?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2004 dodge stratus coupe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Only tried jumper cables

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/27/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we start. Can you locate the starter to check the connections for tightness and corrosion?

Is the starter located under the air filter?

Under the vehicle follow the positive cable down to the starter itself, it is located on the right side of the motor, in the trans area. Actually in the bell housing.

But before you get dirty have you checked the battery and it's connections , do that first.

We are checking the battery now

how old is it?