Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My red light for the electronic throttle light is on I& I…

My red light for...

My red light for the electronic throttle light is on I& I just took it to a guy & he hooked it up & said all 4 of my 02 sensors were shut down but can't figure out why.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It is a red flashing symbol & when I looked it up in my Dodge manual it said it was the electronic throttle control.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Dodge?

It is a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am a woman & my brother has tried to fix it with no luck so I took it to a private garage with no luck . My vehicle keeps coughing & then if I am at a light it will stall out & it runs rough at times then it will all of a sudden just take off. The guy said the codes on his machine say that all 4 of my 02 sensors have shut down & he has never seen that before

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My brother put a MAF sensor in & it semmed to make it run a little better but still not right!!

9/27/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually the throttle light can indicate a fault with a throttle body component or an idle/engine rpm fault.If the mechanic sees no signal from any oxygen sensor at all this can also cause this fault.Usually no signal at all from any oxygen sensor indicates a fault with wiring leading from the computer to the sensors as the issue needing inspected to locate and repair any wiring issues or a fault in the engine computer itself with the engine computer needing replaced.

If this is the case where there is no signal at all or no movement in the signal from all oxygen sensors with the engine running then the wiring needs checked leading to the sensors and if any wiring is found faulty it will need repaired.If all wiring is found o.k. it is very rare to have all oxygen sensors fail at the same time so this would indicate an internal electrical fault in the engine computer itself with the engine computer needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician