Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0121 code voltage correct on each terminal and I put a tps…

Customer Question
P0121 code voltage correct...

P0121 code voltage correct on each terminal and I put a tps on new plugs and one coil stalls out when engine is warm plus 0004 code and 4800 I tried the horn relay no change

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

200000 just got it last week

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Dodge?

03 Durango slt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

4.7 l yep myself changed plugs one coil tps cleaned iac put lucus in the fuel unplugged the horn relay tested the voltage on tps 3 prongs all correct

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Runs a little rough still but better and seems to drive fine with good power

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/27/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 10 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo, seems like you have either a TPS sensor problem, but there are other sensors and problems that can influence this signals. Check scan data and check the actual voltage at the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor.
Check for coolant in the C-200 connector from the under-dash coolant pump, left side of dash.
Check with clock spring disconnected. When the code is cleared, check if the code will go away and stay away.

let me know how that works out.

Do you want the horn relay pulled or unplug the white connectors on the clock spring or the yellow one

hi sorry for the delay, the yellow connectors is for the clock spring make sure you disable the airbag by removing the fuse first then disconnect the clock spring.

did you check the reference voltage to the map sensor, and if the connector C200 had any water or antifreeze cause by the water heater motor leaking?

I’m done I put a map sensor in and did all that with clock spring I connector is fine I assume you Kent one by e brake. it blows white smoke off and on so head gasket probably out I don’t see water in the oil. Just charge me the $5 bucks nothing helped I’m done trying I’m pro LT just going to put a motor in.
Your autocorrect is horrible meant and probably in last message