Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced the battery in my keyfob but cannot get it to…

Customer Question
I replaced the battery...

I replaced the battery in my keyfob but cannot get it to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

+ goes on bottom

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 journey front wheel 3.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes both my key fobs have new batteries but the alarm goes off for a few minutes its my work car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it. the car said battery was low when I was driving home

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
how long will this take
the car said my keyfob battery was low when I was driving home
I replaced the 2032 battery in both keyfobs but the car alarm goes off and the keyfobs need to to be programmed to the car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
how long will this take its 732 my time pst
I just need to know how to program the keyfobs to the car
im not getting a response its 748 now
it is 801pm now
it is over an hour now
i was just told a lock smith has to code the keyfob. to the car,. there are no instructions available
seems I just waisted 28 dollars on your guys
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

None of the buttons on either fob will do anything?

I fixed the problem already .since I still had the original keyfobs i,just put them on the switch and was able to start the car up and let the car program the key fob one at a time. I'm 100 miles away,from work so I could afford to wait for your answer. I got it done 10 minutes after I got off the computer
Well it still isn't fixed. The remote dosent respond unless I touch the push button. Can you email me my answer or text my cell phone since I can't receive the call while I'm driving or at work. I have to be in the car to let it work.

Sorry this new concern i do not believe I can assist on not in person. I will opt out.