Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I turn the key in the run position and I have no power to…

Customer Question
I turn the key...

I turn the key in the run position and I have no power to anything turn the key in the off position and have power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I have 12 v to the main fuse be for I turn the key in run position

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Dodge?

2002 dodge neon with automatic transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I'll tell u what happen the ignition switch went out put my stater in start position fired the starter then jump to the alternate fired it then knock out the ecm I replaced all that and the wire hardness

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The key can be pulled out of the ignition cylinder in run position

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/27/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 10 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

You are not connected with a mechanic.

I am very sorry you're having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

May I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!