Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have two codes on my 2013 6.7. U010e and u1421. The u1421…

Customer Question
Have two codes on...

Have two codes on my 2013 6.7. U010e and u1421

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

The u1421 cleared but not the other

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Dodge?

2013 mega cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, if had for a few months now. The truck is deleted and tuned and has never had any check engine lights till now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Just to be sure, is this vehicle 3500 or 2500?

3500

Thank you. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information and testing for the codes provided. Since the u1421 code has cleared, I will focus on the U010e code. This code is indicating issue with the exhaust fluid controls. Have you checked any of the fuses or the relay?

The truck is deleted and tuned, no longer requires def

I'm sorry. I will opt out and allow another expert to exist you.

Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 10 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

In order to eliminate these codes you will need to update the software in your tune and re-load the software. When you delete the DPF you have to install a programmer which then turns off looking at the emissions and DCU module. The codes you are setting will only be cured if you re-install the software for your programmer..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad