Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It idles but when you give gas it bogs out. And it doesnt…

Customer Question
It idles but when...

It idles but when you give gas it bogs out

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes and it doesnt start as easy

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

97 rram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Plugs

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/25/2017
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The fuel pressure can be very low. You need to test it with a gauge including the flow as well. Possible plugged fuel filter.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.