Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced door hinge and now trying to align dfoor. 2000

Customer Question
Replaced door hinge and...

Replaced door hinge and now trying to align dfoor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2000 Dakota 3.9 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I amand the hinge is on just door low by 1 inch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/25/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Depending on the exact situation you may just need to adjust at the hinge or the striker may need to be adjusted also. It's also possible that there could be damage to the door itself or the hinge that was not replaced may also be worn and contributing to the misalignment.

Was just one hinge replaced?

What was the reason?

Where did the replacement come from?