xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  asetech
6149662

My 2010 t&c 4.0l transmission range sensor has failed. Have

Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My 2010 t&c 4.0l transmission range sensor has failed. Have new one on order but dumb question where is it located on van. Behind dash shifter or on trany somewhere?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Transmission range sensor no codes
JA: What is the model of your '10 Dodge?
Customer: T&c
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Nothing. Car didnt start and shifted into neutral and it started. Trs has failed. As mopar you should see many of these problems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me? Thought you are the mechanic ūüėÄ

its internal on the valve body so the trans has to be opened up...are you prepared for this?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I've have done some crazy jobs anywhere from engine swaps to simple brake jobs. Changed everything on my last van 06 so consider myself a shade tree mechanic. Saw part online 60$ or so

4 speed or 6 speed they had both options

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
6 speed. 2010 limited t&c
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Really not afraid of hard work just that google couldn't tell me if that part was behind dash or in engine bay. It has a electric harness on it so "should" be outside of transmission near shifter?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
R u still there?

yeah pulling up the illustrations

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok thanks

4.0L ENGINE

Remove the engine cover (1).

Remove the battery tray. See: Starting and Charging\Battery\Battery Tray\Service and Repair\Battery Tray - Removal

If equipped remove the relay (1) at the core support.

Drain the radiator See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Cooling System\Service and Repair.

Remove clamps (1) at the upper radiator hose (2).

Remove the upper radiator hose (2).

Remove Coolant Recovery Bottle, See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Cooling System\Coolant Reservoir\Service and Repair\Coolant Recovery Bottle - Removal

Disconnect oil cooler lines (1) from transaxle using Trans Cooler Line Disconnect 8875A. See: Fluid Line/Hose\Service and Repair\Procedures

Position oil cooler lines aside away from the valve body pan.

Remove shift cable (1) from manual lever (2).

Remove the solenoid pack connector (2) at valve body oil pan (1).

If equipped remove the fasteners (1) and the Front Sound Damper Cover (2).

Remove the top valve body oil pan (3) bolts.

Remove the lower valve body oil pan bolts (2) and drain transmission fluid.

Remove the valve body oil pan.

Remove the electrical connector (1) at the valve body (2).

Remove screw at detente arm (2).

Remove detente arm (1).

Remove the twenty one valve body to case bolts (1).

Insure the manual lever is fully forward to keep the manual valve pin (3) from binding.

Pull the valve body away from the underdrive compounder assembly oil transfer tubes (2) and lift up on valve body to clear the manual valve pin past the slot in the rooster comb.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks johnNow ball is my court to get van fixedThanks again

no problem