Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I can't get it into neutral so I can push it out of my

Customer Question
I can't get it...

I can't get it into neutral so I can push it out of my garage to try to jump start. It just clicks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The ignition?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014 grand caravan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm just trying to get it to start. It's been parked in the garage all week. I'd take it in but can't get it into neutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The cap for the overflow was open - perhaps something evaporated.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

with a dead battery you will not get it out of neutral...You will either need a battery charger or a portable jump pack.. do you have access to either

the lights work and radio too. Is that possible with dead battery?

does it just click when you turn the key and the shifter will not move?

Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S