Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The front blower motor on my 2004 dodge grand caravan isn't…

Customer Question
The front blower motor on...
The front blower motor on my 2004 dodge grand caravan isn't working
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

have you checked to see if its getting power?

Actually, I changed the resister last week and it worked but eventually stopped working one speed at a time until nothing
are you still there?

so are you getting power to the blower motor? have you checked? did the harness get damaged...and burnt pins?

I'm getting power to the motor. Where are there burnt pins?

well if your getting power to the man motor and the blower fan is inop...then the blower motor has failed... pins in the conector to the resistor and the blower motor...look in the plug end for burnt or melted connections

The resistor is new and looks to be in good condition. It worked fine for a few days after I put it in. I'll put in a new one (they're cheap) and let you know what happens.

a test light or volt meter will help diagnose... if the blower motor has voltage going to it and its not running its bad...

Isn't it possible that the resistor went bad again? And if so- what's causing it to go bad?

well it is possible but you stated you have voltage to the blower motor..if there is power to the blower motor and its inop then its bad... but blower motors and resistors are very common to fail...and i have had terrible luck with aftermarket resistors from discount parts stores

and a bad harness and a bad blower motor will short out a new resistor..thats why most shops recomend replacing both at the same time

OK. I'll try replacing both. Thanks

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

any luck?NOte also that rating this chat session keeps it open for future follow up questions you may have on this. Thanks and let me know what you find.
Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.