Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 Dodge Durango wont shift below 2nd gear. Its as old as…

2011 Dodge Durango wont...

2011 Dodge Durango wont shift below 2nd gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Its as old as the SUV. Brake switch? Don't think so

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a full transmission service done so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The transmission service fixed it for about 2 weeks and then it started again

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

is the engine light on? any codes?

No the engine light isn't on. They showed a code for the transmission but that went away after the transmission service.

can you scan again for tranny codes? its either in limp mode due to a code or it has internal failure...if it hs no codes and is not shifting the trans will require rebuild or replace

Okay, thank you :(
I am getting ready to go up to surface. I don't have access to a phone until about 4:40.

ok

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic