Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Air conditioner fan will not come on. There is no power on…

Customer Question
Air conditioner fan will...

Air conditioner fan will not come on. There is no power on any fan switch position. Replaced the resistor without results.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It' consistent. Just will not come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2002 Ram 1500 truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, changed the resistor. Was looking for relay, but I see that this truck doesn't have a blower motor relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that's it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/22/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 11 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** you mean the blower motor inside the vehicle or outside radiator fan?

Inside

OK, have you check for power and ground to the blower motor?

Notp yet

OK this problem may be related to a bad switch or blower motor burnt out , do you know where the blower motor is located if you do remove the wire connector and with a test light see if you have power going to it.

if you have power then tap on the back of the blower motor see if it goes on.

I'm not with truck now. Will try things when I get home.

no problem just get back to me latter in your best time and will continue.

Ok thanks

talk to you then.