Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

This rv was towed by a tow truck. the operater jammed the…

Customer Question
This rv was towed...

This rv was towed by a tow truck. the operater jammed the shifter from park to neatral thinking he could tow the rv. after locking up the shifter cable and transmission he then pulled the driveshaft to tow, what do I need to do to get this unstuck ? rv will not start because is not in park????

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

I am not sure> I just had it towed from storage to my new location. the driveshaft was placed inside the RV.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1977 dodgr champion RV, with a 440 motor and automatic transmission. This RV has only 26,000 mils and has been stored inside must of its life. Now I am retired and would like to use it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am hoping to disconnect the transmission linkage to try to get the shifter in the park position to enable the connection to complete the electrical circuits. I amhoping to manually move the shifter on the transmission to unjam the trans mission itself. I am not sure if the transmission itself is jammed at this point.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

is the shifter cable bad? can yiu unhook it from the trans linkage to see if it will move?