Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

I've got a 2014 Dodge Caravan with about 80,000 miles on it.

I've got a 2014 Dodge Caravan with about 80,000 miles on it. A couple days ago when my wife was accelerating it started chugging and bucking. She was a ble to pull to.the side of the road. It cleared and she was able to get it home but the check engine light remained on. My mechanic, who is like 10 days out for an opening,did a scan and I don't recall the specific code but it indicates " Injector 4 curcuit open." He cleared the code. She drove it 200 miles or so without issue then this morning it did it again and this time it wouldn't clear and we had it towed home. He suggested a mouse might have nibbled the wires. The tow truck guy suggested the connection may need to be cleaned up. I'm on my mechanics schedule but I really would like to get it fixed sooner and thought I'd check in with "Just answer" as you've been of help in the past. Thoughts on the issue and how to proceed? To be fair I'm at work today and don't have access to the vehicle to interact until this afternoon (4:30 CST)
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on. She mentioned she. She continued trying to limo it to work that it was "dinging"
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. It depends on what the mechanic suggests as a solution.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that about covers it

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Considering code was reset and it ran good or awhile points more toward a failing injector then wiring as wiring wouldn't be intermittent. Would you like instructions to replace the injector yourself?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
That would be great. It's a primary car so I'd like to get it back on the road.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Like my original message said I am not with the van right now or able to work on it till tonight. Written is better for me. A phone conversation won't help. Know I'm good on paying for the help

Website tries to upsell the phone call, give me a few minutes and I'll upload instructions for you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks

Cylinder 4 is the middle cylinder in front of engine, here are replacement instructions. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikdwpyj4r3vph2g/ij1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuaegcto6tqeman/ij2.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Is thr fuel rail assembly with the 4 bolts essentially the upper intake? What would I retorque those to? Is there any associated gasket with this manifold? Is there a pressure relief spigot or something for lowering pressure? Lastly will the system self-prime?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
How do I ensure your paid? It's been a few years since I used this

I get paid when you leave a positive answer. The fuel rail is located under the upper intake manifold. Fuel rail is torqued to 45 inch lbs and here is info to reinstall manifold, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkvovvogcfgue6d/uirr.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Or is the upper intake the black assembly under the engine cover deal

It is the black assembly under engine cover. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Releasing the fuel pressure...whats the best way to do that?

Remove the fuel pump relay and run vehicle until it stalls, either way some fuel will leak out. Then to prime system turn key on/off about 4 times before starting.