Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car is a 2012 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L heni. The check engine…

Customer Question
My car is a...

My car is a 2012 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L heni. The check engine light is on. I whitched the ignition On-off-on-off-on and got 2 icons on the screen. One was a yellow gas pump which dissapeared in a couple of seconds. The other was red and looked like a lightening bolt bracketed by backwards parentheses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to mechanic who said the code indicated wrong oil in engine. Oil changed and light off for about 50 miles. came back on when vehicle accelerator was pressed on interstate.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/21/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do you know which code numbers are stored?

No

Any way you can get them?

As of right now I have to guess which of the about 500 possible codes are stored, since the symptoms are not pointing to an issue well enough.

I can get them tomorrow and get back to you.

Super

I can't get the codes until tomorrow. I will send them to you.

That will be great

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris