Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need to change head gasket - looking for timing make info…

Need to change head...

Need to change head gasket - looking for timing make info and torque specs

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That should do it

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

year make model motor size is a few questions i need answered in order to gather info for you

2013 dodge dart sxt 2.0
sorry that is timing mark info and head torque specs

Install the ten cylinder head bolts finger tight.
Tighten the cylinder head bolts in the sequence shown, following this 4 step torque plus angle method. Tighten according to the following torque values:
Step 1: All to 30 Nm (22 ft. lbs.)
Step 2: All to 73 Nm (54 ft. lbs.)
Step 3: All again to 73 Nm (54 ft. lbs.)
Step 4: All an additional 90°Turn Do not use a torque wrench for this step.
If the hydraulic lifters are being reused, reassemble them into their original locations.
Install the hydraulic lifters

do you have a timing mark diagram
excellent thank you

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic
Do you recommend using a spray copper gasket sealant on the new gasket

i install um dry