Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel ACC/FCW Off light popped on

vehicle will cut off sometimes...
2011 Dodge Durango Citadel ACC/FCW Off light popped on vehicle will cut off sometimes it's will be hard to start back up the dealership replaced the 02 sensor, but the same problem popped back up again within 3 hours after leaving the dealership, took it back now they came up with all these other sensors that need to be replaced but nothing about the FCW issue came up in the conversation.
9/20/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are any codes setting with this fault here and if so can you post the info on the code numbers?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Dealership had the paperwork in the truck
Looking for answer, suggestions do it need to be recalibrate or what? Is there a fuse that controls that sensor

I apologize for the delay.

This isnt a sensor calibration issue here or fuse issue.

This sounds more like a fault with the crank sensor.If this is one of the sensors they have listed to replace I would start with having it replaced first.It sends the crankshaft position signal to the computer for the computer to operate spark and fuel properly.This signal can fail to send from a failing crank sensor at all times or intermittently and will cause this fault needing replaced.Ask if they have checked this or if this is a sensor that they want to replace.

I would also ask if they had tested fuel pressure from the fuel pump when it is acting up to see if the pump itself is faulty needing replaced as this is another common component.Not as common for this type of issue here as the crank sensor itself though.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I believed that I did see a note about the crank sensor, normally what do the part cost.

Your looking at around $100 or less for the sensor and around an hours labor charge to have it replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Pete, Auto Service Technician